IMPRS LSHO PhD students are required to obtain 15 credit points (ungraded) during their PhD time. Typically these credit points will be collected by a) participating in and passing a written examination in each of the core seminar weeks, and by b) attending research seminars/workshops and doing an assignment, e.g. a presentation, practical exercises (problem sets), graded homework, etc.; c) presenting your research at a conference (poster or talk); d) one TAC meeting per year.
Credit points are awarded for:
|Attending and passing one written examination per core seminar week.
- 60h including 30h of course time per core seminar week
- problem sets
- written examination
|Presenting your research at a conference (poster or talk)
- national conference
- international conference
|Attending and presenting your research in research seminars
- seminar must comprise 30h including 15h of course time
|Attending and presenting your research in workshops
- workshop must comprise 30h including 15h of course time
- presentation, problem sets or homework
|Giving a talk outside the MPI/UL
|Attending classes at the University of Leipzig which include an assignment (i.e. presentation, written examination, etc.)
|1 CP (up to 3 CP in total)
|Receiving a scientific award
|1 CP (once)
1 TAC meeting per academic year
- All IMPRS LSHO PhD students are expected to take part in and give presentations in their respective department's/group's seminars and journal clubs regularly during their entire PhD time (even if they have already collected 15 credit points).
- PhD students are encouraged to take part in supplementary courses and workshops that are organized by the IMPRS LSHO, the MPI-EVA, the Graduate Academy Leipzig or other institutions.
The Student Record - ECTS overview form is available here.